Thirty years into her career and Mary J. Blige doesn’t seem to be letting up. 2022 has seen the singer drop new music, win awards and take on new projects, among other things. Here’s a recap of her most notable moments:
– On February 11, Mary dropped her 14th album, Good Morning Gorgeous, featuring collaborations with DJ Khaled, Fivio Foreign and Usher. Months later, she launched her tour of the same name with supporting acts Ella Mai and Queen Naija.
– Mary represented for the ladies during the Super Bowl halftime show. She performed “Family Affair” and “No More Drama” at the SoFi Stadium in LA, entertaining fans alongside fellow headliners Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and surprise guest 50 Cent. That same week, she joined DJ Khaled for the State Farm All-Star Saturday Night performances.
– The singer launched the inaugural Strength of a Woman Festival & Summit, which took place May 6-8. The Atlanta festival featured star-studded performances and panels on beauty, tech, finances, entrepreneurship, wellness and more. She also appeared at the Roots Picnic and FunkFest Orlando; she’s closing out the year with a performance at Funkfest Miami.
– Mary was honored with the Billboard Icon Award in May and credited God for her success. She was also named one of TIME’s most influential people. The singer took home the Certified Soul Award at BET’s Soul Train Awards in November and has since been nominated for a few Grammys.
– In June, Mary received the key to Atlantic City while hosting the Together We Rise Inaugural Gala after-party. The following month, she celebrated the 30-year anniversary of her debut album, What’s the 411?, with an exclusive Apple Music performance at New York City’s United Palace.
– The singer also became an author; her children’s book is set to drop in 2023.
With all these accomplishments, it’s no surprise Mary’s one of Google’s Top Trending Artists of 2022.
Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.