- While most people are emotionally gearing up for the Lifetime docu-series Surviving R. Kelly, Kelly’s lawyer might be drafting a lawsuit over the whole thing.
- TMZ reports R. Kelly’s lawyer sent a letter to Lifetime saying the documentary is filled with nothing but lies. Nix has threatened to file a federal lawsuit today (Thursday).
- Not coincidentally, the first episode is due to air Thursday night. The six-part series features people who used to be close to R. Kelly coming forward with stories of sexual, physical and mental abuse of women.
- Kelly says the allegations are false. He claims he has audio recordings where Lifetime admits that several of the women in the special are “lying.”
- Do you have this in your queue for this evening? Will the lawyer get this blocked before it even hits the air? ~mb