Megan Thee Stallion says the aftermath of her shooting incident this summer put her in a “dark place.”
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, the Houston rapper explained she was prohibited from discussing details of the incident that took place in July.
Not to mention, Megan dealt with internet trolls who questioned the validity of her story and others who created joking memes about her getting shot.
The 25-year-old said she’s learning to deal with the stress by “throw[ing her]self into work” surrounding herself with more positive happenings such as the rollout of her recently-released debut album, Good News.
As previously reported, Megan admitted she was in an SUV with her former friend, Kelsey, rapper Tory Lanez and his bodyguard in the Hollywood Hills on July 12. Weeks later during an Instagram Live, she named Lanez as the person who shot her in both feet as she was exiting the vehicle after an argument, which resulted in her having surgery.
Last month, Lanez, whose legal name is Daystar Peterson, pled not guilty after being charged with “assaulting a female friend” by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Though Megan’s name was not listed in the court documents, Lanez was specifically charged with one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm – personal use of a firearm – and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He also faces a “gun allegation and that he personally inflicted great bodily injury.”
Lanez proclaimed his innocence and denied shooting Megan on his latest album, DAYSTAR. If convicted at his next hearing on Jan. 20, he faces a maximum prison sentence of 22 years and eight months.
By Rachel George
Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.