September 12th is National Video Games Day!
Don’t act like you weren’t ever hooked on Sonic, Mario, or Crash Bandicoot….
Whether its the kids or your man, go ahead and let them live, there are actually some positive effects that come along with it!
A few positive effects of gaming include:
- Improved cognitive abilities
- Improved problem-solving skills and logic
- Increased hand-to-eye coordination
- Greater multi-tasking ability
- Faster and more accurate decision-making
- Enhanced prosocial behaviors
- Better eyesight (attention to detail)
- More physical activity with games that promote physical activity (VR, mobile games)
I know that new NBA 2K23 just dropped and got them going crazy… I may have to check that out myself 😉