CITY OF BOCA RATON COMMEMORATES MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. WITH CELEBRATIONS ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 13 AND MONDAY, JANUARY 15
BOCA RATON, FLORIDA (December 12, 2017) – The City of Boca Raton has announced plans to commemorate and honor the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. with two free community celebrations.
On Saturday, January 13 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Sanborn Square, 72 North Federal Highway, live music will fill the air with sounds from local bands including J-Gress (neo-soul) and ReaXtion Band; spoken word artists Marcus White a.k.a. “Knowledge” and Brian “Poem;” and local comedian, Kermit. Food vendors will also be on-hand with food and beverages for purchase.
On Monday, January 15, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, the day-long celebration will include:
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Free Community Breakfast, courtesy of Developing Interracial Social Change (DISC)
- Ebenezer Baptist Church Hall, 200 NE 12th Street
- 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Take part in a ceremony honoring the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr., featuring City officials, inspirational speeches and musical performances.
- MLK Jr. Memorial Monument, 200 NE 12th Street
- 11 a.m. March from the MLK Jr. Memorial to Sanborn Square, featuring the Boca Raton High School Band and other local groups.
- 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.mCelebrate with music, family activities, face painting, rides, slides, and vendors!
- Sanborn Square, 72 North Federal Highway
All events are free with the exclusion of food and beverages.
For more information call 561.393.7807, visit myboca.us/specialevents, and follow Boca Raton Special Events on Facebook!