- This event has passed.
‘FALL INTO THE ARTS’ ARTS & CULTURAL CENTER OPEN HOUSE
September 18, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The City of Boynton Beach’s Arts & Cultural Center, located at 125 E. Ocean Ave. in downtown Boynton, hosts a “Fall into the Arts” Open House on Saturday, September 18, 2021, from 12 – 4:00 pm. Community members of all ages are invited to enjoy an afternoon that will include free entertainment and activities, music, artist vendors, class demonstrations, performances, contests, and a chance to win prizes and giveaways. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. For more information, visit boynton-beach.org/fall-arts, email email@example.com, or call 561-742-6221.
Attendees will experience live demonstrations of the fabulous classes offered by the Arts & Cultural Center instructors and sample art-making, dance, fitness, music, and more. Entertain the whole family with interactive activities such as a Chess Tournament and Storytelling Slam with prizes, or create your own floral bouquet or canvas painting. A live DJ, exciting performances, curated cocktails (and mocktails), shopping for pottery, jewelry, and art from local artists will entertain all.
Class demonstrations include Ukulele for Beginners with Maha Bouhamdan, Dance Trends with Cara Damier, Irish Dance Demo with Marie Marzi, Zumba Demo with Aida Smith, Painting with Rose Shaw, Yoga with Caren Neile, Cardio Strength and Balance with Rosa White, and MAP Dance Theater with Maryann Benjamin.
Food vendors include Amar Bakery, Cure Curated Cocktails, Karts of All Kinds, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, and Troy’s BBQ. Other vendors include ArtSea Living, Boynton Beach Library Makerspace, Macaroni Kid Boynton/Delray, Schoolhouse Children’s Museum, and many local artists.
Schedule of Activities:
- Watch screen printing with Fine Print Shop – for $10 you can have the Fall Into the Arts logo printed on your own tote bag or t-shirt. Bring your own shirt for one free screenprint per guest
- Make your own painted masterpiece for $10 with Barb Lentz of ArtSea Living
- Get a free glitter tattoo or face painting with Shivon’s Silent Painting Party
- Guided tours of Public Art the Arts & Cultural Center Art Gallery and outside kinetic sculptures
- Boynton Library MakerSpace demonstrations – Cardmaking, Cricket machine – a computerized machine that can cut vinyl, paper, fabric, leather, etc. and Sizzex machine – paper cutting tool that doesn’t require a computer for card making
- Giveaway prize drawings throughout the day from local restaurants and businesses, additional giveaway tickets will be awarded to those that register for classes, sign up to join the mailing list or share a photo on social media
- Featured prize from Boynton Library MakerSpace: custom engraved photo on 4 x 6 card and will include a stand for display
- Continuous demonstrations and performances at various times throughout the event
- Music provided by DJ Big Smiles
- Chess Tournament with Subbora Jackson– checkmate and take home a grand prize
- Story Slam with Caren Neileof South Florida Storytelling project – Have a story to tell? Stand up and share your story for a chance to win a grand prize! All stories must be 5-7 minutes long and family-friendly. Ages 16 and up can participate
- Take home a floral bouquet created by youwith help from Claudia Henao of Henao Glass and learn the basics of glass fusing using our kilns
An ASL interpreter will be provided. ADA accommodation requests can be made by calling 561-742-6241 or Florida Relay 711.