- While President Trump looks to secure $5.7 billion for a border wall, one may wonder if he can get the funds himself despite disagreements between parties.
- The National Emergencies Act of 1976 would allow the president to solely declare a state of emergency. The harder part would be to couple it with a law to allocate the funds.
- President Trump said, “I can do it if I want. We can call a national emergency because of the security of our country. We can do it. I haven’t done it, I may do it.”
- While legal experts have weighed in on the likelihood, the general consensus is that the president could indeed do this, but jumping through all the hoops and courts to still secure the actual funding would prove to be the most difficult part.
- Do you think it’s money or moral issue when it comes to the parties agreeing?