WMBX-FM CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE
BEACHES NEGRIL JAMAICA CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with WMBX-FM’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by WMBX-FM LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): WMBX-FM, 701 Northpoint Parkway Suite 500, West P alm Beach, FL 33407 and Unique Travel Corp, 11531 Meridian Point Drive, Tampa, FL (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: The BEACHES NEGRIL JAMAICA contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around January 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM EST and ends at 11:59 PM EST on or about February 6, 2019 (the “Promotional Period”).
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is February 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of WMBX-FM (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY, RI and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Listeners are eligible to win an WMBX-FM contest valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months.
Winners are required to fill out station release form and W9 with a valid driver’s license and/or passport in order to claim prize.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
VIA INTERNET –Go to https://www.x1023.com/?post_type=contests&p=45461&preview=true and follow the links and instructions to enter and submit the required information, which may include your first and last name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address, in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- PrizesUnique Travel, Corp. the worldwide representatives of Sandals & Beaches Resorts will provide: One (1) prize consisting of a four-day/three-night Luxury Included® Vacation for two (2) to any Beaches Resorts located in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos with round-trip coach airfare for two (2) on TBD airline.
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa – Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Beaches Negril Resort & Spa – Negril, Jamaica
- Beaches Ocho Rios – A Spa, Golf & Waterpark Resort – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Estimated retail value of vacation and round trip coach airfare for two adults = $4,250
Beaches Resorts is a Luxury Included® resort destination. Therefore the provided prize will include luxurious accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy), all meals, unlimited premium brand beverages, daily & nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including daily scuba diving (for certified divers), snorkeling, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, gratuities, taxes, and Beaches transfers to and from the resort designated airport.
- Telephone calls, Premium Wi-Fi, Red Lane® Spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, island departure taxes and purchases made at the Beaches Specialty Shops are not included.
- Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) provided by Unique Travel, Corp. is valid to/from the nearest major gateway to resort designated airport. TBD airline will serve as the official airline sponsor. The tickets are valid until January 30th, 2020 and are subject to availability and black-out periods (black-out dates to be determined). Flights will be on mutually approved dates. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, originating from the same airport. Flights and airlines are subject to change and availability. Unique Travel Corp. is not responsible if airlines change the getaways or discontinue service from a specific getaway. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
Please note: It is the responsibility of WMBX-FM to inform the prizewinner(s) that airfare reservations will not be confirmed until 90 days prior to the selected travel date.
- Prize(s) must be redeemed for travel within one year from January 30th, 2019 and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.
- Please note: This prize(s) is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. It is the responsibility of WMBX-FM to inform the prizewinner(s) that reservations will not be confirmed until 90 days prior to the selected travel date.
Beaches Resorts reserves the right to relocate any confirmed prizewinner from their resort of choice to an alternate resort within our chain based upon availability of space for the secured travel dates.
- Odds of Winning:
Odd of winning depend upon the number of entries received, as applicable.
- Winner Selection and Notification:
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
The winner will be selected at random. The winner will notified via telephone and/or email that they have provided.
The grand prize winner be chosen on or about February 7, 2019.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other WMBX-FM radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the WMBX-FM or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, WMBX-FM may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant WMBX-FM a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to WMBX-FM the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, WMBX-FM in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. WMBX-FM may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the WMBX-FM reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond WMBX-FM control.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to BEACHES NEGRIL JAMACIA Winner List or Official Rules Request, WMBX-FM, 701 Northpoint Parkway Suit 500, West Palm Beach, FL 33407. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WMBX-FM, 701 Northpoint Parkway Suit 500, West Palm Beach, FL 33407. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.