After being forced to postpone her highly anticipated Verzuz battle against Keyshia Cole after contracting COVID-19, Ashanti says she no longer has the virus.
The “What’s Luv?” singer took to Instagram on Friday to celebrate the good news, saying she is “starting off the new year Amazing and Covid free!!!”
“Got my negative results back 2 days ago,” the 40-year-old furthered, expressing that she is, “Feeling grateful.”
“My parents and I got our negative results back right in time to start off the New Year healthy, happy & loved,” Ashanti explained in the caption before wishing her nearly six million followers an “amazing 202WON.”
She later showed fans how she rang in the new year, writing in a separate post, “This is the first time in over a decade I actually spent New Year’s Eve/ The New Year at home. It has shown me that your life literally can change in the blink of an eye.”
Ashanti added that her experience with COVID-19 and “the negativity surrounding 2020” made her realize how important it is “to celebrate the positive things.”
The Grammy winner previously revealed hours before her December 14 “Legendary Ladies Night” Verzuz battle was to take place that she tested positive for the virus.
“I can’t believe I’m saying this but I tested positive for COVID-19. I’m okay and not in any pain,” Ashanti, 40, told fans at the time.
The Grammy winner’s rescheduled battle will now take place on Saturday, January 9 on the Verzuz Instagram and on Apple Music at 8 p.m. ET. The battle against Cole will mark the fourth female-fronted battle in series history.
By Megan Stone
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.